- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math.
- Ability to handle frequent twisting, bending, and reaching.
- Understand and carry out oral instructions.
- Standing for long periods of time
Specific Work Experience:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 12 lbs to a distance up to 20 feet.
The Hand Packer is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Correctly pack the units by amount in appropriate container then place on conveyor belt.
- Spot check at least one bag per case (minimum) for correct code date, back seal, and registration seals
- Pack the appropriate amount of potato chip bags in the box, close box, and place on conveyor belt.
- Take potato chip/popcorn bags off the turn table and placing the correct quantity into the box or sleeve packing machine.
- Place boxes on the conveyor belt
- Remove defective bags and place in designated containers for recycling.
- Inform machine operator of any bag issues immediately whereas the operator can correct issue.
- Erect case carton
- Apply label to case.
- Clean area at the end of shift for next team or end of night
- Maintain a clean and safe work area (ex. Keep bags off floor, sweep, empty trash)
- Label boxes
- Housekeeping during machine down time
- Work as a team member
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision/management.