- Must be able to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to handle twisting, bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Understand and carry out oral instructions.
- May use forms of hi-lo equipment (i.e., lifts)
- Math calculations
Specific Work Experience:
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by these positions include close vision.
The General Laborer is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the Organization
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract four-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume ad distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
- Responsible for performing cleaning and sanitizing duties following the appropriate Standard Sanitation Operating Procedure (SSOP) in assigned areas as it relates to the cleanliness and wholesomeness of the facility.
- Cleaning locker rooms/restrooms (sinks, commodes, showers, mirrors, refill all paper products) as directed.
- Regular upkeep of the lot and grounds (especially sidewalk areas, visitor, and employee entrances).
- Cleaning office (including pulling trash, cleaning floor).
- Clean cafeteria (microwaves, refrigerators, tables, under machines) sinks and drinking fountains.
- Ensure all stations are filled with hand towels and soap.
- Maintain and clean all floors in the Warehouse.
- Maintain and empty all garbage cans.
- Any general cleaning assigned by management.
- Perform general laborer – warehouse duties as needed/necessary.
- Work as a team member
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision/management.