Sustainability has become a very important part of who we are as a company and what we do for the environment. We are always looking for ways to improve our operations, conserve resources and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We’ve developed a corporate recycling program associated with the packaging components involved in our operation.
- Our corrugated cartons are used several times and our route salespeople are incentivized to return as many as possible. As the cartons reach the end of their lifecycle, they are baled and sold to recycling companies which use them to produce various paper products.
- A wastewater treatment system has been commissioned to conserve water usage.
- We’ve invested in energy efficient lighting for our facility and purchase energy efficient products as much as possible.
- The potato scrap generated by our process is used by local farmers for animal feed.
- Potato starch generated from our process is used by a Michigan business to make vodka and recently hand sanitizer during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We procure as many goods and services as feasibly possible from local sources to reduce transportation distances.